- Always close and tie the umbrella in the base when it is not in use. This will protect it against damage from unexpected inclement weather or high gusts of wind.
- For maximum protection, we recommend using a storage cover.
- If the umbrella becomes wet because of rain or snow, open it for a complete airing and make certain it is totally dry before closing it again.
- Brass hardware will age to a beautiful antique finish and will need no further care.
- Natural Teak: Clean this wood with a mild solution of soap and water on a soft cotton cloth to remove surface dirt. Plain water will not harm the wood. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring powders.
- Varnished Maple, Mahogany or Douglas Fir: Clean this finish with a mild solution of soap and water on a soft cotton cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring powders. If rain or water splashes on the pole or frame, dry it with a soft, clean cloth.
- The life of your canopy will be greatly extended with regular maintenance.
- We recommend cleaning your canopy at least once every four weeks, using a hose with a spray nozzle. Open the umbrella with the pin in the lowest hole on the pole, and loosen the thumb screws on the base, so that the umbrella can spin freely. Spray water directly on the canopy, using the water pressure to slowly spin the umbrella as you clean off the dirt. Repeat for as many revolutions as necessary, and allow the canopy to dry. You can see the process here:
- For deeper cleaning: With the umbrella open, scrub the fabric cover gently with a soft-bristled brush using a mild solution of soap and water. Rinse thoroughly with cold water and allow the cover to dry completely before closing. For stubborn spots, spray with a household cleaner such as 409 or Simple Green, or sprinkle generously with Oxy Clean. Scrub gently and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Allow cover to dry completely before closing. Canopies are fabricated in 100% solution-dyed acrylic, and should never be dry cleaned.
Long Term Storage
- Cover the umbrella with the storage cover or a clean tarp and lay on a hard, flat surface in a well-ventilated, protected location.
All orders are custom and priced according to your fabric, style and base selections.