- Loosen the thumb screws in the base until they are almost flush with the tube.
- Place the umbrella in an upright position in the base. Tighten the thumb screws to secure the umbrella pole.
- Untie the fabric tie to release the canopy. Retie the fabric ties in a bow to prevent them from dangling below the canopy’s edge when the umbrella is open.
- Open the umbrella canopy by pulling straight down on the rope. If the canopy does not easily open, the umbrella is in a hyper-closed position. Simply reach in and splay the arms a bit, then pull down on the rope.
- Insert the pin into one of the three holes in the upper portion of the pole. Please note that with use the higher pin placement will become easier as the umbrella canopy stretches slightly.
- Loop the rope and place it in the metal hook near the pin.
To close, grasp the rope firmly to maintain the canopy’s position and then remove the pin. Lower the canopy by slowly releasing the rope. Secure the fabric ties around the canopy.